Sweets for Japanese recipes: wagashi
- by Japanese recipes sweets wagashi
Wagashi are prepared by hand and only natural ingredients. They contain vitamins, minerals and fiber. These sweetness useful and have a low calorie content. Wagashi can cook at home and enjoy them every day.
Sweets "Magnificent Century": baklava, lokum and sorbet
Turkey - the amazing world of sweets and
desserts. And you must have seen how happy heroes "Magnificent Century" trying luxurious baklava, lokum, sorbet ... We invite you to plunge into the atmosphere of your favorite TV series and cook Turkish sweets at home!
Wagashi - is not just a national dessert, a real work of art. their cooking traditions formed over centuries. Served wagashi necessarily with green tea. They are distinguished by less sweet taste than European sweets. Wagashi express the characteristics of Japanese traditions. Through shape and color they must remind certain times of year, and sweet flavor and easy - to emphasize the freshness of green tea. Each product is assigned its own name, causing a person to the nature of the association.
Most of the Japanese sweet made from rice or bean dough, grains, vegetables and seaweed agar-agar. In addition, the composition of wagashi include sweet potatoes, nuts and dried fruits. Some varieties contain herbs, green tea and flower nectar.
Types of wagashi
There are several dozen types of wagashi. Some of them, in turn, are divided into subtypes. The most famous are the following desserts: Moti. has the most varieties and forms the basis for the preparation of many Japanese sweets. It represents beads of Japanese boiled rice, crushed into a paste.
Mochi stuffed with a paste made of adzuki bean (ANCO), called daifuku. If small pieces of mochi strung on wooden sticks and pour the caramel syrup, turn Dango.
Monaca. This pasta ANKO placed between two rice crackers.
Sakuramoti are rice cakes filled with bean paste wrapped in fermented cherry leaves.
Manzo. They are made from wheat flour, have the form of balls or cakes stuffed with sweet potato and adzuki beans.
Uyro. This steamed rice cake, mochi-like.
Anmitsu reminiscent of candy, but more dense. Obtained from agar-agar and fruit.
Yoka is made from agar-agar and paste ANCO, very similar to the candy, is considered one of the oldest Japanese desserts.
- 1 kg rice mochi (can replace conventional)
- 500 g adzuki beans (can substitute red beans)
- 500 g of sugar
- powdered green tea (available at specialty stores)
- syrup blueberry
- rice or wheat flour
How to make wagashi Mochi:
- Figure soak for 12 hours in cold water, and adzuki beans (beans) - for 24 hours in warm. Then the beans are boiled in water with sugar until complete swelling: get pasta ANKO. Figure need more time to wash and cook for 40 minutes.
- Figure shift in a separate bowl and rub until a sticky white mass. Season with blueberry syrup and powdered green tea. Stir until dough consistency.
- From the resulting dough for pies principle to form small balls, roll cakes, in which put a bit of bean paste, and gently wrapped.
- Sweetness "Wagashi Mochi" ready !.
- bean paste ANCO
- 1 h. Spoon of gelatin
- 3 tbsp. tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup of water
How to make wagashi midzuekan:
- In a pan pour cold water, add the agar-agar and a little heat. Then add sugar, stir and bring to a boil.
- ANCO Add pasta and cook, stirring, until the swelling.
- The resulting mixture is well cool, pour into the forms and leave the cold to pour.
Wagashi - an unusual dessert. Variety of flavors hits and can not leave anyone indifferent.