The recipe of mussels in tomato sauce with parsley
The classic recipe
900 g mussels
150 ml of white wine
25 ml of whiskey
1 small onion bulb
1 parsley root
1 tbsp. tablespoon chopped parsley
450 g of peeled and chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp. tablespoons olive oil
1 crushed clove of garlic
black pepper / salt to taste
How to cook the classic mussels in a sauce:
- Scratch mussels with a stiff brush to clear them from the sand and seaweed. Open and discard the broken shells, and the whole place into a pot, where the pre-pour white wine with chopped parsley root and chopped onions.
- Cover the pan with a lid and simmer over medium heat, mussels, occasionally shaking her until all the shells have not opened.
- to reveal the mussels carefully remove from shells and place in a bowl. The liquid in which they are cooked, strain it through a fine sieve for the final disposal of sand and pour the remaining broth into another container.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep large skillet and fry the garlic for a minute, then add it to the tomatoes and mix them with the garlic and place in a pan parsley, season with all the pepper and salt.
- Then pour in vegetable broth out of the mussels and cook them for ten minutes to complete cooking of tomatoes, then add to the pan with the mussels whiskey and season to taste.
- Prepared mussels in tomato sauce with parsley Serve with boiled rice and fresh green salad. Recipe from Italian chef Carlos Romani - octopus salad! Watch the video!
Mussels in spicy tomato sauce
This spicy dish you can cook for a romantic dinner.
1 kg mussel shells
2 pcs. red hot pepper
ground white pepper
packaging of tomato paste
3 tbsp. tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves of garlic
How to cook mussels in a spicy sauce:
- Rinse the mussels and clean the sink. To prepare the tomato sauce, Boil water, take on the tomatoes crosswise cuts and dip them in boiling water for 15-20 seconds, then immediately lower the tomatoes into the icy water - it makes it easy to remove the tomato skin.
- Peeled tomatoes cut into cubes and put them with the tomato paste in a preheated sauté pan.
- Tomatoes and pasta stew until smooth, then season with salt and white pepper. Olive oil in a deep frying pan, heat and cook it to brown garlic cloves.
- Remove the garlic and fry in garlic butter finely chopped red pepper for one minute.
- Put in a pan with butter and pepper closed mussels, cover it with a lid and cook seafood for a few minutes, then remove the unopened shells.
- The remaining mussels ready pour tomato sauce, mix all, and cook over low heat for 5-8 minutes.
- Dish Serve hot, with spaghetti / pasta or rice crisp garnish and a good wine.