Dough recipe and pizza sauce by Jamie Oliver
Margarita, Marinara or four cheese - choose any. You can even invent your own toppings. But the test should always be the same: thin, crispy and tender. A sauce - juicy, saturated and at the same time to measure the neutral to not clog body taste.
During his many culinary journey through Italy by Jamie Oliver found the perfect, if you want the canonical recipe dough and sauce. Abiding by the rules, as a result you get a grand pizza.
What pizza correct and useful? Watch the video!
So, what is necessary for the test:
200 g of semolina (a perfect test, the secret is in it)
800 g of flour from durum wheat (if it is a problem, feel free to replace the ordinary flour of higher grade)
550 ml of warm water
1 tbsp. l. salt
4 tbsp. l. olive oil
14 g of dry yeast
How to prepare:
1. Place the flour and semolina on a work surface, make a well in the center and pour the warm water.
2. Slowly but surely, with the help of a fork to mix the flour and water.
Do not rush to indulge in his hands, the dough should prepare for this - warns Jamie.
3. Add salt, olive oil, and dried yeast. Stir with a fork, collecting flour from the edges.
4. Once you feel that the fork to work it became difficult to sprinkle your hands with flour and begin to knead the dough. The main challenge in this process - to achieve maximum test flexibility.
This is not easy, but the result is worth it.
5. Form a ball of dough.
Transfer to a bowl, previously floured.
6. Yeast loves heat and moisture, so cover the bowl with a damp cloth and place in a warm place for 45-60 minutes, the dough must rise three times.
7. The dough is ready, it remains to roll it as thin as possible.
Now move to the sauce
The recipe is simple and yet amazingly
It is necessary: bunch of green basil
4 cloves of garlic
8 Art. l. olive oil
3 jars of canned tomatoes in their own juice
salt and pepper - to taste
How to prepare:
1. Grind the garlic.
2. In the olive oil to fry the garlic and basil, add the canned tomatoes and mash them with a spoon. Salt and pepper, mix everything properly. Cook a few minutes.
3. Remove from heat and rub the mass through a sieve.
4. Return to the heat and cook for 5 minutes over low heat.
The sauce is ready!
The case for small - slice smoked sausage, lay slices of canned pineapple, grate cheese and submit your masterpiece in the oven!
© Jamie Oliver 2012
More recipes are looking at Jamie Oliver's website www.jamieoliver.com