Recipes with partridge
Quail c pomegranate sauce in Turkish
The combination of game meat and spicy sweet and sour
sauces often found in eastern cuisine. But quail with pomegranate - it is something special! It is believed that this dish was a favorite of Hjurrem Sultan. Try it and you cook the quail on the original Turkish recipe.
If you want to choose the carcass partridges for culinary purposes, should look under the wing of a bird. In young individuals under the wing skin soft and supple. If you notice any green spots, it is better to refrain from buying this product.
Often, partridges are sold frozen. This means that at first will need to defrost the bird, wash it and gut, and only then proceed to the preparation of some dishes. As for the tail, it is recommended to shoot with the skins. But the bird's head is not cut normally, but just hide under the wing. But eye, crop and legs must be removed.
The best accompaniment to dishes of partridges become delicious marinades and sauces with the addition of various berries and herbs. Also, for these purposes can be used vinegar with spices and garlic.
Partridge in oven
Ingredients: several poultry carcasses
4 tbsp. tablespoons vegetable oil
4 tbsp. tablespoons butter
1 tbsp. tablespoon red currant jelly
50 g of grated beet
How to cook a partridge in the oven:
- carcasses should marinate before baking. To create a lean gravy mix and butter and heat the resulting mixture.
- Then fill it partridge and roast for 10 minutes. Add to bird thyme and bay leaf and shallots. Make a small fire under the pan and cook for about 40 minutes partridges.
- put the carcass and carefully strain the broth after this time. Then put the broth in a jelly red currant and grated beets.
- Boil the resulting mixture, and after a few minutes, remove the pan from the heat. Butter, mix with salt and thyme, and then rub into the partridges.
- Carefully wrap the carcass in a plastic thinly sliced bacon and put to marinate in a cool place for 90 minutes. Arrange the slices on the baking of bread, smeared with butter and place on top of marinated partridge.
- bird Bake in oven preheated to 180 ° C for about 20 minutes. bread will then need to be removed and the carcass should be prepared further until golden brown.
- Ready partridges again put on toasted bread, pour over sauce and serve.
Partridge in Spanish
carcasses of birds
100 g butter
How to cook a partridge in Spanish:
- You can cook without prior pickling. To start the carcass should be rinsed and gutted, cut in half and fry in butter until a light golden brown.
- Then pull the bird and fold it in a deep pan. With oranges, remove the peel and divide them into slices. Seeds also need to remove.
- In the dishes with partridge put orange slices and some grapes. After that, pour the juice of all, to stand out in the process of roasting partridges, and sprinkle with chopped orange peel.
- Cover the bowl with a lid and place in preheated oven. The dish should be prepared for 7-10 minutes. As a result, you get spicy partridge with a taste of exotic fruits.