Kyufta - Armenian or Azeri meal?
Kyufta in Armenian
2 kg of beef
500 g bulgur (grains of ground wheat)
150 g shelled walnuts
Pepper (black and red)
200 g butter
How to cook kyufta in Armenian:
- Rinse the barley and leave to swell for 2 hours. Pass the meat through a meat grinder. Clean onion, finely cut it and fry in vegetable oil in a frying pan until golden brown.
- Place the beef, stir fry and a little with the onions. Place the ground nuts, paprika, pepper and other spices (to taste).
- Turn off the heat and place in a pan of butter. Cover the pan lid to melted butter.
- Mix minced meat with swollen grains, mix well and mince. you can add a little water if necessary.
- Form small balls. Fry until golden-brown color on all sides. Sprinkle before serving with lemon juice.
Kyufta in Azerbaijani
Ingredients: 250 g of minced beef and mutton
125 g of chick pea
125 g rice
2 potato tuber
1 can of canned tomatoes
herbs (fresh or dried)
How to cook kyufta in Azerbaijani:
- Soak chickpeas in cold water for several hours. Then boil and turn it into mashed potatoes. Cook rice until half, in the process of cooking to add to the water yellow ginger.
- Drain the water, put the rice in a bowl. Cook peeled potato mash. Peel onion, chop 2 onions and put it to the rice, add the minced meat, mashed potatoes and pea puree.
- 3 Put raw eggs, pepper, salt, herbs, mix well. Separately, boil 2 eggs, cool, peel and cut each into 4 pieces.
- 3 Chop the remaining onion half rings. Put it in a pan with a thick, pour oil and fry until golden brown.
- Put 2/3 of the side and in the rest of the onions, add the canned chopped tomatoes and continue to cook.
- While the tomatoes on a plate, form small balls of minced meat. Each make an indentation and put fried onions, slice the eggs, washed dried sour alchu and close the recess.
- Put kyufta on a plate. Inside the balls of minced meat can also put nuts, dried fruit or fruit (pear, cherry).
- When the tomatoes are ready, pour water, add green peppers, bring to a boil. Then place the balls of minced meat and cover.
- When they float to the surface, reduce heat and simmer until tender (about 30-40 minutes). Remove the kyufta skimmer.
- Pour the saffron with boiling water and leave for 10 minutes. Then strain the infusion and add to broth.
- Tray get a nice yellow color. Before serving, sprinkle with coriander or dried mint.
- The broth is served as a first course, and kyufta - on the second.