Georgian cuisine: chakhokhbili Chicken - video recipes at home
- The Georgian cuisine: Chicken chakhokhbili
Chakhokhbili - a classic Georgian cuisine. Previously, a dish prepared exclusively from wild pheasant, but eventually a few recipe has evolved, and today chakhokhbili made from chicken. By the nuances of dishes are complete lack of oil and a lot of spices, herbs and tomatoes.
It is believed that the Georgian stew
- "chakhokhbili" originally done of pheasants.
Chakhokhbili Chicken can be attributed to the dietary meals, as in the recipe did not appear butter, chicken considered a dietary product. Furthermore, spices, included in the dishes, accelerate the metabolism.
Chakhokhbili cooked exclusively in a saucepan or deep frying pan.
Chakhokhbili chicken: classic recipe
It should be:
1, 5 kg of chicken, 500 g of tomatoes, carrots 2, 3 onions, 3 tbsp. spoons tomato paste, 200 ml of dry red wine, 1 lemon basil, cilantro, parsley, dill, bay leaf, red pepper, Khmeli Suneli, coriander and salt - to taste.
How to prepare:
- to wash the chicken, cut into serving pieces, cleaned of fat and skin.
- Saucepan should be a good warm without adding oil. Then, it should be put meat and fried until crisp.
- After removing the meat on a separate plate, you need to put in a saucepan coarsely chopped carrot, onion rings and fry them.
- On top of the fried vegetables should be put meat and simmer all together for at least 20 minutes.
- After the specified time the dish is necessary to allow, it enters into it all the spices, tomato paste and wine.
- Covering a saucepan lid, you need to turn down the heat to low.
- While the meat is stewed, you need to wash the tomatoes, peel them from the skin, cut into large chunks and add to the meat.
- The dish must simmer for at least an hour.
- Tomatoes must for this time to completely dissolve in the sauce.
- Then chakhokhbili need to switch off and let it brew for 10 minutes, after which it can bring to the table.
- When a dish to decorate with greens and lemon wedges.
- chakhokhbili Taste is saturated, and sharp. Therefore thereto neutral garnishes are recommended, e.g., boiled potatoes or rice.
Chakhokhbili with chicken and potatoes
There are recipes, according to which you can cook at once chakhokhbili with potatoes.
It should be:
1, 5 kg of chicken, 2 pieces bulbs, garlic cloves 3, 5 potato pieces, 4 pieces of tomato, bay leaf, dill, parsley, Khmeli Suneli, tarragon, pepper, peppermint, oil and salt - to taste. How to prepare:
- The chicken should be washed, cut into slices and rubbed with spices, leave for 10 minutes.
- This is followed by very hot frying pan and fry the meat without adding oil until crisp.
- After that, the chicken pieces you need to shift into a saucepan, and juice, isolated in the process of cooking, pour into a bowl.
- Next, clean the potatoes, onions and garlic. All vegetables should be cut large.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan with the chicken you need to pour the vegetable oil and fry the meat for about 5 minutes, then add the onion.
- Tomatoes should be clean, chop and add to the meat along with potatoes.
- Chakhokhbili should mix well and simmer under the lid closed for about 20 minutes.
- During this time, should be washed, chopped greens and put it on top of the other ingredients in a saucepan.
- Then you add spices dish, garlic clove, salt and cook it for another 5 minutes.
The juice that is left after frying meat, required to put crushed garlic and pepper.
- The finished dish should be served, plentifully watered garlic sauce.
Another method of preparing chakhokhbili see in the story: