Young octopus dishes - recipes
In Asian countries, octopuses are usually only boil as boiled octopus is an indispensable component of many salads and snacks, while in Europe - mostly fried with vegetables and wine.
Before boiling octopus necessary to rinse, fill with cold water after boiling and boil for 5-10 minutes depending on the size. It is important to give the octopus cool down naturally and precisely to the water in which it is boiled. After cooling with an octopus should clean off the peel. Further, it is possible to prepare the selected recipe.
In Mediterranean countries and European octopus first recovered ink bag is removed beak and eyes, then washed in running water carcass, discourage wooden hammer, cut into small pieces and then cooked. In this case, the ink sack maintained as octopus ink is used in many dishes.
Young octopus with white wine
Very tasty obtained young octopus, cooked by Maltese recipe.
Salad with octopus and sauce Salmorilo
Video recipe of Italian warm salad
by Chef Carlos Romani.
500 g of young octopus, 2 tbsp. olive oil, 100 ml of white wine 3 garlic cloves, parsley fresh parsley, half a lemon juice, salt and pepper - to taste. How to prepare:
- Young octopus thoroughly rinsed in cold running water,.
- washed octopus should be put in a bag and beat off a hammer for meat.
- If desired, the carcass can be cut into large pieces, but you can cook them whole.
- In a saucepan with a thick bottom is necessary to heat the olive oil and place in her octopus.
- Fry they need over high heat for two minutes.
- After that, it is necessary to pour them white wine, reduce heat to medium and simmer until fully cooked dish.
- The average cooking time is about 40 minutes.
- During this time, should be finely chop the garlic and parsley and season them with olive oil and lemon juice and stir.
- At the end of cooking octopus need to add to them fresh herbs and garlic, hold on the fire a minute, and then serve the dish on the table hot.
The recipe of feijoada young octopus
It relates to a hot dish kitchen Portuguese and is garnished with octopus beans.
It should be:
1, 5 kg of young octopus, 1 cup beans, young garlic cloves 5, 5, Art. tablespoons olive oil, 2 tbsp. spoons pork lard, 4 medium-sized follicles, 3 carrots, 100 ml of dry white wine, finely chopped parsley, salt and black pepper - to taste. How to prepare:
- beans must soak for a day, and then, the bay cold water, cooking at moderate heat until soft.
- Young octopus should be washed, a little beat off, boiled with onions, then cut into small pieces.
- In a frying pan with a thick bottom is necessary to heat the olive oil and lard, put in this mixture chopped garlic.
- Next, the pan must be put the chopped onions and carrots.
- mixed vegetables need to add salt and pepper and simmer another 15 minutes.
- Then it should pour in the white wine, bring it boil and add the octopus and beans.
- feijoada need to simmer over low heat until cooked, periodically adding water.
- On the table feijoada is usually served sprinkled with fresh parsley.
Another warm salad of octopus from the capital cook Italian Carlos Romani.