Jam, juice and compote: 5 recipes of apples for the winter
Apples in watermelon, melon juice
What you need: (2-3 liter jars)
- 1 kg of apples
- 1 kg of watermelon pulp
- 1 kg of melon pulp
How to cook the apples in watermelon, melon juice:
- Watermelon and cantaloupe cut in half and remove seeds. The flesh is cut into large chunks, grind in blender. The resulting mass is put into an enamel vessel and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain and bring to the boil again.
- Apples are cleaned from the seeds.
- Prepare jars and lids for conservation: Wash thoroughly with soda, boil for 5 minutes.
- In dry warm cans put apples on a 2/3 volume of banks and pour boiling watermelon, melon juice. Banks cover the lid and sterilize for 15 minutes. Then the roll and turned upside down.
Apple and tangerine compote
What you need: (on-liter jar)
- 400 g apples
- 300 g of mandarin
- 180 g of sugar
- 200 ml of water
How to cook an apple-mandarin compote:
- Apples cut in half and remove seeds. Cut each half lengthwise into slices. So they do not darken, put in salted water.
- Tangerines disassemble into slices and cleaned of white fibers. Slices to put a slice of apple. From tangerine peel to remove the white fibers, and the remaining zest shred into strips and put in a saucepan.
- The hot boiled water put tangerine peel and boil for 5 minutes, add sugar and stir until it dissolves. Bring to the boil and filter. Again brought to boiling and pour the apple slices and the slices tangerine pre discard in a colander and laid into the prepared dry cans. Cover their lids and sterilized for 20 minutes on low heat. Roll, turn upside down the jar and cool.
What you need: (2-3 jars of 0, 8 l)
- 2 kg of apples (recommend choosing strong red apples)
- 1 sprig of mint
- 1 liter of water
- 100 g of honey
- 1 h. L. salt
How to cook a dessert apples:
- Clean the apples from seeds.
- The water with honey and salt boil, stirring to honey is completely dissolved. Water may be replaced by the same amount of juice (apple, cherry, blackcurrant).
- Prepared apples and mint expanded into jars, add boiling fill and close the plastic lid.
apple jam with cinnamon and lemon
What you need:
- 1 kg of apples
- 1, 2 kg of sugar
- 1 lemon
- 400 mL of water
- 1 hour. L. ground cinnamon
How to cook jam from apples with lemon and cinnamon:
- Lemon cut in half, remove the peel, squeeze out the juice. Chop the zest. Apple peel, cut in half and cut out the core. Cut into large slices and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Sugar dissolved in hot water, add the lemon zest, bring to boiling, let stand for 5-10 minutes, and drain.
- Apples put in hot syrup and leave for 4 hours. Bring to the boil and cook at low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and removing the foam. Remove from heat and leave for 5 hours. Again boil and simmer over a low flame, stirring periodically. 3 minutes before end of cooking in a jam add cinnamon.
- Ready jam expanded in a hot dry on a clean jar. Banks roll, turned upside down and left in that position until cool.
What is needed (3 liter cans)
- 3 kg of apples
- 1, 5 kg of sugar
How to make apple juice:
- Apples remove seeds and using a juicer to make juice.
- juice is heated to 85 ° C and immediately cooled. Drain the juice and strain through cheesecloth or a fine strainer to avoid sediment.
- Strained juice is again heated to 90 ° C, add the sugar in the juice and heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring slowly.
- Prepare the jars and lids for conservation. Then pour the juice in an already sterilized jars, roll up.
In the canning season you one hundred percent probability will be useful recipes from the book "canning fruit. Apples, pears, citrus fruits, plums, apricots, "published by the Publishing House" Eksmo ".
Paradise apples provide truly unlimited scope for fancy chef - Maestro Alexander Seleznev prepares fantastic cheesecake!
Watch the video! ..