Georgian dishes: walnut sauce sacivi - video recipes at home
A distinctive feature of the sauce is great content sacivi walnuts. Set of spices to prepare the sauce is constant. As required ingredients are the ground cinnamon, saffron, garlic and pepper. I do not think sacivi and without adding vinegar. However, in some cases, can substitute lemon vinegar or pomegranate juice. In some regions of Georgia make the sauce thicker with the help of egg yolks.
The recipe walnut sauce sacivi
500 mL chicken broth, 125 grams of chicken fat, 4 cup walnuts, 8 bulbs 3 cloves of garlic cloves 5 1/2 hours. Spoon ground cinnamon, 2 tbsp. tablespoons flour, 1/2 hr. tablespoons minced red pepper, 1/2 hr. spoon Khmeli Suneli 5 ml white wine vinegar, 1/2 hr. teaspoon ground saffron 1 h. spoon dry coriander, 1 hr. teaspoon pepper ground black, 2 hr. of salt.
How to prepare:
- Take the onion, clean it from the husk, wash in cold water and cut into small cubes.
- In the frying pan, heat half of the chicken fat, put the chopped onion and fry until golden brown.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour with the remaining fat and place in a deep pan. Cook the ingredients, stirring constantly, until a light cream color.
- After saute let cool a little flour and then dilute it with a small amount of chicken broth.
- Stir, then add the remaining broth.
- Make sure that that the consistency was uniform with no lumps of flour.
- Put the pan with a mixture of flour and broth on low heat and cook until thick, stirring constantly.
- Take the walnuts and chop them in a coffee grinder.
- Put the nuts in a mortar, add a garlic passed through the press, red and black pepper, coriander and salt.
- Good pound weight in a mortar.
- nutty mixture put in a flour dressing and toss.
- The resulting mass pour into the pan to roast the onions.
- Thoroughly mix the ingredients and cook them on a low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Next, add to the weight of cinnamon, ground cloves, seasoning hops suneli, saffron and wine vinegar diluted in a small amount of drinking water.
- Mix this sauce and cook it for another 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
peanut sauce sacivi ready to eat! It can be served with meat and fish dishes, as well as spread on bread.