Delicious barley - recipes
Simple and satisfying: pearl barley with stewed meat
Pearl barley in Russia was very popular.
Barley grown in large areas, and of grain made the rump. Today hostess less experimenting with the food, because the dishes are prepared from barley more than an hour, but their flavor is very pleasant.
Contrary to popular belief, barley does not need pre-soaking. Modern methods of processing effectively removed with coarse grains of barley bran and even some of the layers of the endosperm. Barley is brewed from 30 to 50 minutes, depending on how you want to get a chewable texture as a result.
This cereals rich in starch, so is ideal for thickening soups. One of the traditional dishes with barley is mushroom soup. But this thick and flavorful soup is not only able to use pearl barley in the first dishes.
Barley soup with smoked sausage
2 hours. The vegetable oil spoons
1 head of onions
2 garlic cloves
1 stalk celery
1 h. Spoon dried thyme
500 grams of smoked sausage
6 cups vegetable broth
1 cup brown lentils
1/4 hr. Of salt finely ground
1/4 hr. Teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup pearl barley 1/2 cup chopped parsley
How to cook soup with barley sausage with
- Peel the onions, garlic and carrots. Carrots grate, chop the onion in small cubes, chop the celery and skip the garlic through a press.
- Sausages slices shred. Heat a large, wide pan vegetable oil and fry the sausages. Remove them and set aside.
- In the same pan over medium heat, saute the garlic, celery, carrots and onions. Saute until onion is transparent. Pour the heated broth, add the barley and barley.
- Cover and cook for 40 minutes. Add fried sausages, season the soup with thyme, salt and pepper. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle soup chopped parsley and serve, if desired seasoned with sour cream or fat yogurt.
Starchy texture of barley and is ideal for this dish. This is a traditional dish in the opinion of some, the benefits from such replacement, as it becomes more healthy.
1 cup pearl barley
6 cups chicken broth
2 tbsp. tablespoons olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup dry white wine 300 g of purified raw shrimp
2 1/2 cups frozen green peas
2 tbsp. tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese grated
1 h. Spoon finely ground salt
pinch of freshly ground black pepper
How to cook risotto Barley:
- Bring the broth to a boil and keep on low heat to keep it hot. The broad and deep frying pan, heat the olive oil.
- Fry the chopped onion until transparent. Put the pearl barley and cook until it becomes shiny from the oil. Pour in the wine and wait until the alcohol has evaporated.
- Add to the pan about ladle of hot broth, stir and cook over low heat, constantly adding new batch of hot broth when the previous soak into the rump.
- After 40-45 minutes, when you pour in the dish all the broth, put the peas and shrimp. Stir and cook for another 3-5 minutes, until the shrimp will not cease to be transparent.
- Remove from heat, season with salt, pepper, lemon juice and Parmesan. Sell hot.