Homemade ketchup from tomatoes
Continuing the theme of blanks, we want to offer a recipe for a delicious ketchup from ripe tomatoes, which in all respects superior to purchased. After all cooked with love homemade tomato ketchup - it is a quality product made from natural ingredients without the use of flavorings and other artificial additives, taking into account the tastes and wishes of the family.
It is hard to imagine a meal without sauces. Even the usual scrambled eggs, we can not imagine without them. And as much as quality and safety, hardly think about it. So why not cook a delicious ketchup from tomatoes or spicy adjika own hands from natural and selected products, because the process is not complicated, and in this you will see now.
How to make tomato ketchup at home - a step by step recipe
- to prepare the necessary products that will be needed in the preparation of a delicious sauce. Tomatoes buy only ripe and red. Also, for flavor ingredients can be supplemented with two buds of cloves.
- Wash the tomatoes, cut off the stalk and cut into large chunks. Put them in a deep bowl for cooking.
- The rest of the vegetables, after pre-washing and cleaning, cut into smaller pieces.
- Put all the chopped ingredients in a saucepan to tomatoes, add them to the cane sugar, salt and dry mustard. Put the cloves and peppercorns. Pour a little vinegar.
- Put on the stove and bring to a boil and reduce heat. Further, stirring occasionally to cook the sauce on low fire - 2 hr.
- Then remove from heat, cool slightly and scroll through all the contents of the saucepan into a blender until smooth. It is recommended to pass through a sieve to remove the tomato seeds.
- Again, pour the sauce into the pan, put on low heat and continue to cook until the mixture thickens - 1 hour or more. Stir occasionally.
Ready homemade tomato ketchup to pour hot on banks. For long-term storage jars should be pre-treated and then roll for the winter. It should be remembered that the duration of storage of natural preservatives is largely dependent on the quality of sterilization.