As olive oil saved me from customs - video recipes at home
- How olive oil me from customs saved
Do not make up a story that happened in the Italian airport.
Products that help to lose weight: olive oil
The elixir of youth, health and beauty.
Scanning bulky items, the employee of the airport looked at me. Still, in my suitcase lay seven (!) Bottles of olive oil. Do not think that I smuggler. No, I just can not live without this "yellow gold" and try to bring him out of Italy, as much as possible.
Customs regulations in my checked baggage can be up to 3 liters of oil. I have also been in a few times more. But to part with his treasure, which in Russia can not be bought for any money, I did not want to.
Employee by the name of Cassandra Airport (Cassandra was written on her badge) looked at me like I was crazy. After all, usually Russian driven from their country clothing, bags, shoes. And here - glass bottles with green and amber contents!
Of course, for them, the Italians, olive oil thing everyday. They nurtured it, as breast milk. Italians eat it every year up to 13 kg, while we can not overpower and a half-liter bottle.
Gloomy tamozhennitsa led me to administrative desk where I was supposed to pay for the excess baggage. Otherwise, she could not do. But purely feminine, it seems, it was curious. - Why so much? - she asked.
- Is olive oil is a lot! - I replied.
Apparently, the answer came to her liking. Do not know what inspired me, but I began to go to compose an ode to Tuscan oil "extra virgin ' as once Derzhavin wrote his famous eulogies in honor of the Empress. And tamozhennitsa from such compliments literally "come alive". Suddenly disappeared from her face frowning, came a keen interest in what they say.
My speech was as "oily balm" to her heart. I know that for many, this may seem strange, but we Cassandra started talking about olive oil, as an old acquaintance total.
Declared fit for the flight. We had to run to register. A "hit home" tamozhennitsa all talked and talked.
- There is one interesting Apulian dish - she said. - It oil "dissolved" as a spring bouquet, fragrant and so that the head is turned. It is made from an ancient recipe, which is passed down from generation to generation.
Then I began to understand the curiosity, and I, at the risk of being late for a plane, yet still lingered for a moment to learn how to cook it Apulian dish. And now I share this recipe with you.
Pasta Alla Crudaiola (crudo in the translation of "raw")
It is necessary:
20 pcs. cherry tomatoes 1 tbsp. olive oil "extra virgin"
2-3 cloves of garlic
2 sprigs of green basil
150 g of mozzarella cheese
paste - is better to use form foam ( on the oblique slice "tube", a length of 4 cm and a diameter of 1 cm )
HOW TO PREPARE PASTE ALLA CRUDAIOLA
- Cherry, cut into 4 pieces. Fold in a sieve, add salt and hands wring the juice from them.
- Sauce: In a bowl, pour the olive oil, add the chopped and pressed tomatoes, coarsely chopped garlic, basil leaves and olives. All mix and store in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Then, boil the penne in salted water with the addition of olive oil. Then place them on a dish, pour the sauce and add the slices of mozzarella.
- Serve immediately!
By the way, to stand where I had to pay for excess baggage, we have not reached ...
Another great Italian recipe with olive oil - warm bread with herbs!