How to cook a real dolma alone - video recipes at home
- How to make your own real dolma
Dolma - a favorite dish of the peoples of the East. Most often, dolma is made from grape leaves and minced lamb. However, in some cases, instead of leaf vegetables can be used, and instead of lamb - pork, chicken.
Dolma is filled with vegetables or leaves (typically grape). For the filling, is generally used with boiled rice with minced meat. This dish is especially loved by the peoples of the Caucasus, the Balkans and Asia.
In fact, dolma - stuffed it. The difference between the former and the latter is only in the "clothes". In rare cases the stuffing can be used not meat and fish mince, supplemented rice, chopped nuts, herbs and spices.
One of the main components of food - grape leaves - you can buy at a vegetable market. You must choose small leaves - they are less veins, so the dish will be more juicy and flavorful. Before use, carefully wash the leaves, cut the stalks and soak in salted water for 30-40 minutes.
In the eastern countries for the filling are usually used lamb. However, this does not mean that you can not cook a dish of pork or chicken.
The classic dolma
Excellent appetizer for the holiday table: equally delicious hot or cold. For its preparation will need the following ingredients:
- 1 kg. lamb;
- half a cup round rice;
- 4 small onions;
- coriander, basil and oregano;
- 2 tbsp. l. tomato paste;
- glass of water;
- 500 g of grape leaves;
- black pepper and salt.
- Prepare the minced meat finely chop with a knife or a meat grinder, add to it chopped onion, dried herbs, salt and pepper. Stir, pour in the rice stuffing.
- Grape leaves wash, free from cuttings and soak in salted water for half an hour. lay previously cooked minced teaspoon of the base sheet and tighten the latter in envelopes.
- Envelopes lay dense layers on the bottom of a wide pan and cook them on low heat for within an hour.
- The finished dish Serve with sour cream or garlic sauce.
Dolma with vegetables
Instead of grape leaves can be used vegetables. For the preparation of such dolma need:
- 500 g of lamb;
- 100 gr. fat tail;
- 2 onions; - 2 eggplant;
- 3 tomato;
- 2 peppers;
- hot pepper;
- 150 g of melted butter;
- salt and pepper.
- Meat, fat tail and onion mince. Ready stuffing simmer on low heat without adding oil. After roasting, add oil to a teaspoon of salt, pepper and 70 g of melted butter.
- Bell peppers Wash, peel and seeds from the stalks. Repeat this procedure with tomatoes. Eggplant cut after purification by 4 pumps and soak in salt water for 20 minutes, left to bitterness.
- Peppers, tomatoes and eggplant saute in a pan with the addition of melted butter. When the vegetables have cooled, then starting their meat.
- In a deep frying pan Put the stuffed vegetables, cover it with a lid and simmer on low heat for an hour.
- sprinkle with herbs and pour the sauce before serving dolma.