Azerbaijan cuisine dishes: 4 simple recipes
The recipe dolma
One of the traditional Azerbaijani meat dishes is dolma.
500 g minced mutton, 200 g of fresh vine leaves (can substitute prepared, which are sold on the market), 100 g of boiled rice, onion, parsley and fresh mint, thyme pinch, vegetable broth, olive oil.
How to prepare:
- Leaves pour boiling water and leave for about an hour. Then, take out and dried on a towel, and water is not poured.
- Mince mixed with rice, onions, parsley and mint.
- Adds salt, pepper and thyme. All thoroughly mixed.
- A portion of the prepared mixture spread on grape leaf fold its roll and placed in a pan.
- When the bottom of the pan is completely covered with rolls in a single layer, they are a little salt and cover with an inverted bowl, so they are not turned during cooking.
- Then pour vegetable broth, mixed with water, remaining from steeping grape leaves.
- The liquid should just cover the rolls.
- Put on the fire, bring to a boil, cover with a lid and stew on low heat for about an hour.
- The finished dolma spread on a dish, sprinkled with olive oil and sprinkled with lemon juice before serving.
The original soup dyushbara
Another traditional dish is reminiscent of Azerbaijani Russian dumplings called dyushbara.
To cook using lamb bones with flesh. Of the latter being prepared stuffing, and of the bones - stock, which will be cooked dish.
Unleavened dough is rolled out thin layer from which are cut squares 1, 5 1, 5 cm.
They put minced lamb, onions and spices.
Then the edges are connected in the same way as in Russian dumplings.
Brewed dyushbara richness in salted broth for 5 minutes and served with coriander, mint and wine vinegar.
Fermented milk soup dovga
For the festive table in Azerbaijan often prepared dovga - fermented soup.
To cook using yogurt or yogurt, lamb on the bone, chickpeas, flour, various herbs and spices.
Yoghurt is mixed with flour and broth to a consistency of yogurt, put on fire, and brought to a boil, making sure that the mixture is not curled.
Then it added soaked and boiled until half cooked chickpeas, meatballs of lamb and onions.
Often put also Fig. All cook until cooked, salt and pepper. AT
end add finely chopped fresh herbs: dill, parsley, cilantro or sorrel. Dovga ready to be served both hot and cold.
The recipe of cookies Shaker drill
Of sweets in Azerbaijan especially popular cookies with a special pattern and stuffing Shaker drill.
It should be:
500 g of flour, 2 tbsp. sour cream, 100 ml of milk, 100 g of butter, 5 eggs, sachet yeast, salt.
it is necessary for the filling:
any nuts 300 g, 250 g sugar, vanillin sachet.
How to prepare:
- First the dough, which necessarily must "rest" before cooking at least one hour.
- Then he formed of balls, roll out into a pancake, which is placed in the center of the stuffing mixture of nuts, sugar and vanilla.
- The edges of the cakes are wrapped like pies, and on the sides of a special device to make different patterns.
- Bake Shaker borax about 20 minutes at a temperature of 180 ° C.