Honey choux dough for gingerbread - technology and methods of cooking how to make a gingerbread dough, a step by step recipe photos
Today I want to share the secrets of cooking and tell how to make a choux dough for gingerbread with honey, which is perfect for baking Christmas gingerbread houses and gingerbread themselves. To properly prepare choux dough gingerbread, should be aware of the little secrets that I am willing to share with you. A detailed instruction and step made photo can help you easily and quickly cook it.
What you should know:
- Currently choux dough cooked with honey;
- do not add the baking powder to the dough. Instead, use 4 tablespoons brandy or vodka per 1 kg of flour;
- can not be replaced with vegetable butter or margarine;
- for a perfect gingerbread dough, use a flour with a lower grade;
- , always add "dry spirits" for the gingerbread dough (1, 5-2 teaspoons per 1 kg of flour). All ingredients are listed below. Simply connect them in a coffee grinder and grind to powder;
- finished gingerbread dough little sticks to the hands and slowly slipping from her hands, when to pick it up and hold 1, 5-2 minutes;
- very stiff dough does not rise during baking, as the batter is very cut shape hold cakes and flow during baking;
- dough turns a light color using light honey varieties. If you want to batter dark in color, bold Tint its cocoa powder;
- to the gingerbread preserved long after cooking, put near some fresh apple slices.
For the gingerbread dough:
- 450 g of sugar;
- 150 grams of wheat flour of 1st grade (for brewing);
- 150 grams of rye flour;
- 500/600 grams of wheat flour of 1st grade;
- 450 grams of liquid natural honey;
- 160 grams of butter 72, 5% -82%;
- 1 teaspoon dry perfume;
- 3 chicken eggs medium size;
- 30 g cocoa powder (optional)
- 250 ml. Of water.
Dry spirits for the gingerbread:
- 1/3 teaspoon dry ginger.;
- 2 pieces cloves;
- 1/3 tsp anise seeds.;
- 4 pieces of allspice (peas);
- 1 tsp coriander seeds.;
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon;
- 1/3 teaspoon ground nutmeg.;
- 1/2 h. Tablespoons cardamom seeds.
How to make choux dough for gingerbread correctly
Let's start with the preparation of the ingredients. Work better with a wooden spoon or spatula with a long handle.
Boil water to make it close at hand.
The dipper / pan, preferably with a thick bottom, add half servings of sugar, put on fire (not much) and wait for him to begin to melt. You can occasionally stirring with a spoon. All the sugar has melted and turned into caramel, soaking it in the fire until the darkening of color, the so-called effect of burnt sugar. I have it takes about 3 minutes.
Now, you have to repay the temperature of the caramel, which is two times higher than the boiling temperature of water. One tablespoon begin to pour all the boiling water. There is a dangerous moment: do not lean over the pot at this point, since a large amount of steam is released. That is why it is better to use a spoon with a long handle. The photo shows the quantity of steam to highlight the field adding 1 tbsp. tablespoons boiling water.
After treatment with water, add the second half of the sugar in a saucepan. We look forward to when it is dissolved and add the honey and stir. Then add the pieces of butter. Remove from the heat and carefully interfere batter that all the ingredients are interconnected. It was the turn add to dry the dough for the gingerbread perfumes.
Flour for brewing (150 g) sift right in the pan with the batter and brew it there.
Then, add the soda and observe how the interaction of honey and soda. On the surface will begin to appear small bubbles, which are clearly visible in the photo. Leave the dough until it reaches the warm state.
In one bowls mix the eggs with a fork. They can not whip with a mixer or blender (!). We need a uniform egg mixture all. We introduce it in the batter and stir with a spoon.
For a couple of tablespoons of flour Pour cocoa and sift together. Add to the batter, thus we embellishing it. This is not necessarily done on request.
The remaining flour (wheat and rye) are sieved together, added frequently and knead the dough.
When the dough becomes difficult to stir with a spoon, spread it on the work surface with flour. Continue to knead the dough for brewing gingerbread without passing it through the fingers (!), Only the folding method. Knead the dough on the flour into the reservoir, sprinkle top with flour and fold it four times. Repeat this process until the dough starts to almost easy to move away from the hand. Properly cooked gingerbread dough should stick to the little palm. And if you take and lay it on the palm, it will slowly creep down. Photos on a palm done almost 2 minutes, I took half of the dough in your hands. Here is a test condition it says that it has been properly cooked.
I divided the dough into two parts (it can not do) and tightly wrapped it in plastic wrap. Remove the dough in the refrigerator overnight. It must spend at least 12 hours. After that, choux dough for gingerbread can be used. Here is a nice and smooth it I did.
Another piece of advice: to choux dough for gingerbread easily rolled upside down on a silicone mat, mash your hands, cover with foil and roll out the dough with a rolling pin. Then remove foil and roll it with a rolling pin on the surface of the dough to remove the film relief, but do not press on the dough. Good luck in cooking!