Sabayon: the legendary Italian dessert
- How to prepare their own Sabayon
Sabayon - one of the most popular desserts Italian cuisine. It is a sweet egg-butter sauce with wine. The authorship of this sauce is attributed to the court of Duke Charles of Savoy cook. And most often it is served with fruit, puddings, cakes and - perfect! - to the biscuits.
"Sabayon" occupies a pride of place among the legends of Italian desserts, along with tiramissu, panna cotta, biscuits "Savoyardy" ice cream "Semifreddo" and other sweet culinary masterpieces.
Cooking Italian sauce "Sabayon" allows the use of culinary imagination at full capacity - at its discretion, add your favorite ingredients, capable emphasize delicate taste of dessert. For example, adding lemon zest, berry or fruit puree, cinnamon, rum, vanilla and other ingredients. A wine from a classic recipe is quite possible to replace the semi-dry champagne or sweet liqueur, if you want to enhance the sweetness.
Classic dessert recipe "Sabayon"
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml of wine (white, pink or red)
- 2 tbsp. spoons of sugar
How to cook a classic dessert "Sabayon":
- Separate the whites from the yolks and add sugar in the past. Put the egg yolks in a bowl and whisk them into the foam mixer. There also add a small amount of wine and continue beating.
- Then place the bowl in a water bath and continue beating the resulting cream. The heating time should not exceed 15 minutes. Although much depends on the desired consistency.
- The classic dessert "Sabayon" is ready!
The original recipe for a dessert sauce "Sabayon"
- a few berries of black grapes
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp. spoons of sugar
- 150 ml of semi-sweet white wine
- 1/4 h. Tablespoons lemon peel
How to cook a dessert sauce "Sabayon" the original recipe:
- Sam desserts are prepared in the same manner as in the classic recipe. Only need to add to the yolks, sugar, wine and chopped lemon zest. By the way, instead of the mixer in the cooking process, you can use the whisk. But beating the mixture should be very intense.
- Interestingly, the "Sabayon" becomes thick only because of the heat the yolks and constant stirring. It does not require the use of flour, gelatin and starch.
- Ready sauce pour into glasses and a little cool.
- Fruit Wash and peel. Cut them into small cubes and soak in the resulting dessert cream. Serve with biscuits.
- You can use bananas or kiwi if desired, instead of dark grapes.
Dessert "Sabayon" with wild raspberries
- 300 g fresh raspberries
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 h. Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp. spoons of port
- 3 tbsp. tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
How to cook a dessert "Sabayon" with Forest raspberry:
- Malin reassemble and flush. Put the berries in a blender, add a little lemon juice and whisk in the mashed potatoes. Put back the powdered sugar and set aside while.
- The yolks, wine and port wine is heated in a heat-resistant container in a water bath, whisking whisk. After 10 minutes, remove the bowl from the water bath and continue beating until cool.
- In the resulting mass add the yogurt and mix well all.
- Raspberry puree is poured last. This original dessert perfectly with sweet pastries and fruit in the grill.
- Raspberry "Sabayon" is ready!
More dessert recipes in our video!