Recipe Armenian lavash
- Books Armenian lavash
Pita - a thin baked tortillas, which in many countries are used as bread. Recipes cook it in abundance. One of the most popular lavash - is Armenian.
Armenian cuisine is considered to be the most ancient in the Caucasus, and more than one thousand years. Armenian recipes almost not changed over time, and many of their dishes have copied the Turks, in turn, by which Armenian cuisine has become known in Europe.
Pita bread stuffed with 5 delicious recipes
Pita - a versatile product. He can
be a separate dish, and used as bread. And it is convenient to wrap the most diverse stuffing. As such, the pita bread is the perfect dish to nature in good company. So, 5 brilliant recipes!
The oldest pastry - a thin and soft pita virtually unchanged for hundreds of years. It is popular all over the world, because there can be a separate and can be used as a basis for other dishes.
Pita: Past and Present
In ancient times, pita prepared only in the warm season. I baked it with a reserve for the winter and stored in canvas bags. If withered pita - it lightly soaked with water and again back to the pita bread softness. Pita bread is sold in many grocery stores, but it does not contain high-value products, it can be easily prepared at home. Traditional recipe pita bread, which came from the ancient times, does not contain yeast. This freshly baked cake is very useful: it contains B vitamins, fiber, manganese and iron.
The recipe for homemade pita
2 cups of flour
1/2 cup water
1/2 hr. Of salt
How to make homemade pita
- Egg with salt stir well to dissolve the salt.
- Add the flour and knead the dough well. If it sticks to your hands, add more flour. Then cover the dough with a towel and let it brew for half an hour.
- Divide the dough into small pieces, with the size of a hen's egg. Every part of the need to roll out thinly and fry in a dry frying pan for one minute on each side. Ready lavash wrap in a plastic bag so that it became soft.
Recipe pita bread with yeast
Perhaps someone like pita bread recipe using yeast.
3 cups flour
1 hr. Teaspoon dry yeast
1 tbsp. tablespoons vegetable oil 1 cup water
1 h. Spoon of sugar
2/3 hr. Of salt
How to make pita bread with yeast:
- Warm water and dissolve the yeast in it. There also add sugar, salt, oil, and in the end - the flour. Knead the dough and leave for 1 hour.
- An hour later, cut the dough into pieces and bake on a dry frying pan for ten seconds on each side. Do not desiccate the pita! Stack it, and cover the top with a towel.
If pita turned dry, sprinkle it with warm water, wrap in a towel and plastic bag. Twenty minutes later, he will be soft and gentle. By the way, the dry pita bread can be stored for long periods.
Make fresh pita basis for home shawarma. Wrap it roasted meat, slices of fresh tomatoes and cucumbers, onions, cabbage. To taste, add mayonnaise, ketchup and rub the cheese on top. You'll like it!