Recipe for croissants with original fillings
"Milfoy": the famous French pastry from Alexander Seleznev
What does "milfoy", you ask? mille -
translated from the French as a thousand, and feuille - this tab. So the cake "Milfoy" consists of a thousand petals, or, better to say, layers.
Gourmets will love the croissants are not only gentle dough, but also for the abundance of various fillings. They can be sweet, cheese, meat, cheese.
- Grate the cheese on a coarse grater, add the egg and soft butter.
- can use mozzarella, feta and cheese mixture. Croissant with a stuffing will turn out very hearty.
- If a grated on a coarse grater cheese add finely chopped ham, you get another option hearty fillings.
With fruit filling
- Use fresh or canned fruit, chopped into small pieces.
- also can be filled with croissants, jam or marmalade.
- If a pureed cottage cheese add egg, oil and vanilla, you get a delicious cottage cheese filling.
- It is also possible to add nuts, fruit or dried fruit to taste. Suitable for filling and sweet curd.
Classical condensed milk - also great for filling croissants. But the main option for filling this type of baking is, of course, chocolate.
Wheat flour - 310 g
yeast dry fast - 7 g
sugar - 30 g
salt - half tsp.
milk - 120 ml
butter - 250 g
chicken egg - 1 pc.
How to cook the dough for croissants:
- The first phase uses all ingredients except butter. You also need to leave 10 g of flour for the second phase.
- First, you need to sift the flour with the yeast. Add salt, sugar and milk. Mix. Next you will need a mixer with attachments for a test. Need a few minutes knead the resulting mass at a slow speed. Then increase the speed to high and knead until then, until the dough is elastic. Usually it takes minutes 4. Then, the dough must be wrapped in foil and leave for 30 minutes. Then remove it in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- In the second step will need a bit of butter and flour. Oil should be chopped into large pieces and add the flour. Mixer at high speed knead the mixture for several minutes. It should be soft and smooth, but the oil does not begin to melt. From the resulting mass to form a cake hand, wrap it in foil and put in the refrigerator for 8 hours.
- possible to start rolling out the dough on the third stage. It must be removed from the refrigerator and roll out into a rectangle. Recommended film thickness - 6.7 mm. Control of the refrigerator oil and putting it into the middle of the rectangle obtained. It is important that both the oil and the dough was cold. Then cover with butter dough, first with one hand, then the other. Edge gently pull and squeeze the ends of the fingers. As a result, the oil must be in a sealed "package".
- Next, you need to fight off the oil with a rolling pin from the center to the edges, first one, then another. The oil should be evenly distributed within the test. Get a rectangle that is about 3 cm. Roll it with a rolling pin a couple of times, put on a flat pan, wrap in foil and place in refrigerator for several hours.
- Take the dough from the refrigerator and put on the table a long side facing you. Roll out the dough into a rectangle. Its height should be about 6 mm. If the dough is sticky, then it can be a little sprinkle flour. Then fold it back from the edges to the center, roll the rolling pin and place in refrigerator for several hours.
- Then repeat the last manipulation again and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator. As well as earlier roll into a rectangle, folded from the edges to the center, but leave a little space between them. Filling the dough, like a book, and again in the refrigerator for several hours.
- The prepared dough to get it and cut crosswise into two parts. Working with one of them, the second you need to keep in the cold.
How to make croissants with fillings:
- A further process for the preparation of the croissant dough, store-bought or self-kneaded, the same.
- Roll out the dough, sprinkled with flour previously. Cut it into narrow triangles. Each triangle sprinkle with sugar. To begin with you need to turn off the broad side. The resulting bagels out onto a baking sheet with parchment paper. With cooking brush to grease with beaten egg bagels, which will allow croissants browned. Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees in the preheated oven.
- Instead of sugar into croissants can put any of the favorite toppings or sprinkle them on top of the glaze, decorate with icing sugar, cinnamon. Bagels with savory hearty fillings can sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Croissants are ideal for tea or coffee, and not just for breakfast!
French pastries - it's simple, if cooking on a proven recipe confectioner Alexander Seleznev!