Recipe cabbage with pork ribs
- The recipe: cabbage stew with pork ribs
Fried or baked pork ribs can be a separate dish, but they can also be put out with vegetables, such as white cabbage. It is the perfect combination that allows to cook for lunch or dinner satisfying, but not very heavy dish.
The most famous German side dish - cabbage, stewed duck fat with onions, apples and thyme.
Pork ribs perfect for roasting - in this part of the carcass meat always with fatty streaks, which makes it especially tasty and tender.
1 kg of cabbage
2 medium onion bulbs
1 small carrot
2-3 cloves of garlic
3-4 tablespoons. tablespoons vegetable oil
1 sweet pepper
Black and red pepper
fresh chopped herbs
2-3 bay leaves
salt to taste
How to cook cabbage with ribs:
- Bulgarian pepper Wash, cut in half, remove the inner part, and half cut into strips in half. Cabbage cut into thin, but not long strips. You can use a special nozzle slicer or a long, sharp knife. Slightly prisolit and well remember the cabbage, put it in a bowl.
- Pork Ribs, rinse in cold running water and pat dry them thoroughly with paper kitchen towels. Slice them along the bones across, into small pieces. In the cauldron heat the vegetable oil until the bluish haze and throw it cut ribs. Fry, stirring, over high heat until golden brown and reload of ribs proved in a separate bowl.
- Cut onion half rings pour into a cauldron at the fat that was on the ribs. Fry the onion until transparent and add to it grated on a coarse grater carrots and bell pepper. Continue to saute, stirring constantly, to the contents of the cauldron is not burnt. Then transfer to a cauldron ribs, salt and pepper them. Put the cabbage in a large kettle, mix all, try to salt and dosolit if necessary. Reduce heat, cover the kettle with a lid and simmer the cabbage with ribs for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid burnt.
- Put the kettle bay leaf, finely chopped garlic and fresh chopped herbs, mix well. Turn off the heat and leave the kettle to stand under cover another 15-20 minutes to the dish has reached the desired condition because the cooking process is still ongoing.
Cabbage in pots
How to cook casseroles:
- ribs after they are roasted in a cauldron, salt and pepper and place in pots. Then there also lay the fried onions, carrots and bell pepper.
- cabbage lightly fry in a cauldron separately, adding a little vegetable oil, salt and pepper it. Then lay cabbage upper layer in each pot and add a little broth and half the leafs.
- Close the lids pots and put into an oven preheated to 200 ° C for 15 minutes. Then reduce the oven temperature to 120 ° C and continue cooking pots contents for another 45 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, but remove the pots in 10-15 minutes. Before serving in each ramekin sprinkle a little chopped garlic and fresh herbs.